Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Bible Believer Challenge

I have an honest question for believers who claim that The Bible is the self-authored inerrant word of God.

Why does God need translation?

I've never heard anyone claim that the original texts of the books of The Bible are still around.  I have heard the claim that the current text orginates from Ancient Greek translations. 

Do any of you read Ancient Greek?  No?  Then how do you know that the translations are correct? 

Faith goes a looong way, I guess.

2 comments:

  1. I read Ancient Greek. Parts of the NT are far from correct.

    And I'm reasonably certain that Hebrew texts of the OT are still around; certainly not the originals, but in the original language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ironic that the Torah is more well-preserved than the New Testament.

    ReplyDelete